Sunday, February 1, 2009

Nail Trimming

Here is the whole sad story. Ever since Maverick was born my mom has been trimming his nails because I was too scared to do it. I once tried to trim our dog Cupcake's nails a few years back and cut one too short, let's just say she yelped very loudly and blood flowed for what seemed like days. Well, today I looked at Maverick's long finger nails and thought to myself "Your his mom, you can do this!" Highly motivated because he had already had his bath and put on his new PJs, I gave him a bottle hoping to relax him and help him fall asleep so I could attempt the manicure. Bottle finished and belly full I began to trim. First hand done I thought "not so hard, I should have been doing this all along". I continue to the next hand when I notice he had rested his freshly manicured hand on my shirt. I see red "Where did that come from?" More red.......I grab his tiny hand and on two different fingers blood had bubbled. Oh No not again! My heart sank, what have I done? I reluctantly called for Jesse knowing I was going to get that look. After telling him what happened I said "he didn't cry" and his reply "He's a man of course he didn't cry". We cleaned his hand up and Jesse's last comment was "Just let your mom do it from now on". Although it is so hard to hear the truth and I am heartbroken that some things are still challenging for me to do concerning the baby, I won't ever stop trying. I won't always do things perfect and although it was tough seeing the baby bleed I knew right then and there that was only the first of many times he would get hurt. I also knew that it would not be the only time that I make a bad decision and end up regretting it. Motherhood is tough, but when your heart is in the right place you will always find a way to kiss away all those boo boos.

3 comments:

TAMUKart.blogspot.com said...

Your your a really good mom, you couldn't fill this blog with all the great things you do for Maverick, me and your family! Sorry about the comments, I think you should try again and not let mom do it from now on.

Love you!

-Jesse

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Your husband is so sweet leaving that comment. You can do it Mariana! I've seen you and Maverick and it's unbelievable how good you are with him. I do however know someone with the last name Wagner that
I've heard is good with nail trimming.

Growing Every Day!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Background